You are here
The Telluride Adventure Center works with Colorado’s premier helicopter ski company, Telluride Helitrax , to bring advanced-intermediate to expert skiers and snowboarders the memory of a lifetime at some of the highest elevations in North America.
The Helitrax Eurocopter S350 B3e helicopter allots guests exclusive access to over 200 square miles of high alpine basins, cirques and summits. Backcountry enthusiasts can expect an average of 6 runs over the course of a day, totaling approximately 10,000-14,000 vertical feet.
Call (970) 728-7433 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to book your adventure today!
Guided Heli-Skiing and Snowboarding Tours
[Slideshow - Activities - Heli-skiing]
|Single Day Heli-Ski Trip||$1,295.00|
|Semi-Private Single Day Heli-Ski Trip, Up to 4 Skiers||$5,000.00|
Almost all terrain is above tree line, and while most days start with a moderate angle run (equivalent to double blue and single black runs, as rated by Telluride Ski Resort) to assess the conditions and group ability levels, our expert guides will seek out steeper terrain (similar to single and double black diamond runs) if snow conditions, avalanche hazard and group ability allow. Our guides do not consider any of the runs they bring guests on to be extreme, and the pace of the skiing and snowboarding is not rushed at any point in the day.
- Please contact the Telluride Adventure Center for specific single and semi-private tour pricing and terms. We ask that guests provide us with their preferred day and alternate available dates. Trips will be refunded or rescheduled if weather/avalanche conditions are unsafe.
- If weather/avalanche conditions are safe on a given day, there must be a minimum of 3 participants signed up for a regular trip for that trip to go out, unless an individual or group wants to pay for a semi-private trip. If less than 3 guests are signed up for a regular trip, our guides will either refund or reschedule the trip. Individuals from different booked parties can make up a group of 3.
- Our guides are typically able to accommodate 16 seats per day. You will ski or snowboard in a group of 4 guests to 1 guide, with 1 pilot operating the helicopter.
- Parties larger than 4 will be split up between groups. While our guides will do their very best to bring different groups to ski and snowboard together, there are no guarantees groups will be together for the entire day.
- While there are no age requirements, we do request that guests under the age of 16 be accompanied by an adult guardian.
- Coffee and tea in the morning, enough water to hydrate guests for the entire day, a mid-day lunch, snacks and après ski refreshments
- Avalanche beacon and airbag pack. Our guides provide an orientation on proper-use for guests to fully familiarize themselves with the equipment.
- Most guests are comfortable using their own ski equipment, but powder skis and poles are available for rent upon request, free-of-charge.
- Our guides do not have snowboards to rent free-of-charge. We ask snowboarders without their own equipment to please contact the Telluride Adventure Center for alternative rental or purchase recommendations.
What to Bring/Recommended Attire:
- Dress for a day of skiing or snowboarding. To ensure maximum warmth and comfort, guests should wear waterproof, breathable, synthetic (non-cotton) layers underneath their waterproof jacket and snow pants. A warm, insulating layer (wool, fleece or synthetic loft) to go over one’s base layers and under their waterproof jacket is also encouraged.
- Participants should also bring their own helmet, goggles, neck gaiters, and hand and/or foot warmers for extra-chilly conditions.
- Do not bring personal backpacks or anything other than the equipment you will wear on your body on the helicopter, due to baggage weight restrictions of our helicopter. You may leave personal items at our guide’s shop, and you will be provided with a small pack.
Call (970) 728-7433 or email email@example.com for price inquiries or to book your adventure today!