You are here
Explore areas of the Telluride Ski Resort that are normally unseen by the average skier or snowboarder, or snowshoe through the iconic backcountry of Ophir or Lizard Head with a Telluride local legend. Advance reservations for snowshoe tours and rentals are highly encouraged due to limited availability.
On-Resort Guided Snowshoe Tours
Be led through a winter wonderland by our expert naturalist snowshoe guides. On these expeditions discover signs of wildlife and get exclusive knowledge about the captivating natural world and the unique history of the region. Tours are designed to accommodate all ability levels and depart from the Telluride Adventure Center (located in the glass building at the top of the stairs at Mountain Village Gondola Plaza).
ON-RESORT DAILY GROUP TOURS (AGES 16+)
- 3.5 hours door to door
- Daily group tours depart from the Telluride Adventure Center
- Guests should arrive at 9:30am (30 minutes prior to their departure time) to complete the liability waiver signing process and meet their guide.
- Guests can expect to return to the Telluride Adventure Center at approximately 1:30pm .
- Group tours can hold a maximum of 11 guests .
- Walk-ins are welcome, but advance reservations are highly encouraged due to limited availability.
- On the tour, the group will travel from the Telluride Adventure Center to the Chondola/Lift 1 (half chair lift, half gondola) and download on the 4-person gondola portion of the lift. Across from the bottom of the Chondola is the bottom of Sunshine Express/Lift 10, a chair lift that takes you to the Top-A-Ten Nordic and Snowshoe Area. Guests will be outfitted for snowshoes and given poles in the nearby yurt/warming hut .
|GROUP SNOWSHOE TOUR PRICES|
|Top-A-Ten Group Snowshoe Tour||$85.00|
|Top-A-Ten Group Snowshoe Tour (Passholder)||$75.00|
PRIVATE TOURS (ALL AGES)
While the Telluride Adventure Center will do our best to accommodate last-minute reservations, we ask guests contact us at least 48 hours in advance for private tours .
- Designed for individuals, families or groups that want a customized tour based on their specific needs and desired pace.
- Guests should arrive 30 minutes prior to their scheduled departure time to complete the liability waiver signing process and meet their tour guide.
- Private tours take place on either our Top-A-Ten Nordic and Snowshoe Area or Ridge Trail.
|TAC PRIVATE SNOWSHOE TOUR PRICE|
|Up to 5 People||$350.00|
Backcountry Snowshoe Tours
Experience the unique beauty of the San Juan Mountains with a Telluride local legend. Take a half-day or full-day backcountry group or private snowshoe tour in iconic Ophir or Lizard Head. Tour price includes snowshoes and poles.
|BACKCOUNTRY SNOWSHOE TOUR PRICING|
|Half Day Ophir Group Backcountry Snowshoe Tour||$ 95.00|
|Half Day Lizard Head Group Backcountry Snowshoe Tour||$ 95.00|
|Half Day Moonlight Backcountry Snowshoe Tour||$ 110.00|
|Half Day Private Backcountry Snowshoe Tour||$ 140.00|
|Full Day Ophir Group Backcountry Snowshoe Tour||Call for Pricing|
|Full Day Lizard Head Group Backcountry Snowshoe Tour||Call for Pricing|
Call (970) 728-7433 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org , or stop by the Adventure Center located on the mountain village gondola plaza.
How to Prepare for Your Snowshoe Adventure
- Waterproof snow boots that go above the ankle are required (no ski or snowboard boots). The Telluride Adventure Center has a limited supply of gaiters to fit over questionable footwear, but availability is not guaranteed.
- Guests are encouraged to dress like they would for a day of skiing or snowboarding. This includes warm, waterproof layers, snow pants, jacket, hat, gloves, and sunglasses or goggles.
- We highly recommend guests bring a lightweight backpack to store shedded layers, SPF lip balm, sunscreen, their own salty and protein-packed snacks and something to hydrate with. Collapsible water bottles are available for purchase at the Telluride Adventure Center.
Telluride Adventure Center Snowshoe Rentals
Prefer to explore independently?
The Telluride Adventure Center offers day rentals. We are happy to provide you with maps and detailed directions to local trails that cater to the entire family.
|PRICING FOR RENTALS|
|Snowshoe Rental Package||$ 35.00|
|Foot Passenger Lift Ticket ( grants you one upload and one download on Sunshine Express/Lift 10 which takes you to the on-mountain Top-A-Ten Nordic and Snowshoe Area)||$ 25.00|
For questions call (970) 728-7433 or email us at email@example.com , or stop by the Adventure Center located on the mountain village gondola plaza.